Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Stillness


This drawing was inspired by a walk through the SF Botanical Gardens. I found myself sitting on a bench staring into the reflection of a beautiful Japanese themed lily pond. The clouds and sun in all its resplendent glory looking back upon me in the still of all things, only water striders causing a ripple here and there.

Oddly enough, this image actually came to me earlier in the day while watching telly. It took this trip to the park to confirm that I had to record the feeling. Sometimes, time waits for noone.

I found this Rumi poem went nicely with it:

This moment
This love
Comes to rest in me
Many beings
In one being.
In one Wheat-grain
A thousand sheaf stacks.

Inside
The needle's eye,
A turning night of stars.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Kevin. Thank you.